What a day!


Today I hung out with girlfriends in Carefree...shopping, chatting, and eating. Around 2 p.m. I headed home to get ready to meet my "east side" girl friends for dinner. I knew today was the day that I MIGHT be able to know if I was pregnant. I didn't want to be sitting around just thinking about MAYBE being pregnant so I I decided to stop by the store and grab a test. I was thinking it would tell me no and that way I would stop thinking about it. INSTEAD the test said "PREGNANT". I freaked! I ran back to the store and got three more tests - all different brands. THEY ALL CAME OUT POSITIVE!!!
Eric, was up north so I gave him a call to see when he would be home. He said in the next hour or so... There was this desire to tell him right then and there but, I also didn't want to be one of those cell phone commercials out there. So I showered and got dressed. Once he arrived home I was anxious as could be. I always thought I would tell him in some creative manner - but instead I was just going to spit it out. He proceeded to tell me all about his day... he kept talking and talking and talking as I sat on the edge of the bed. I thought he was never going to stop. :) Finally, I said can I tell you about my day? He said "sure!"
I can't remember exactly how I said it... but I know the words "I am pregnant" came out. He was so excited! I really wanted to stay home and just hang out, but we decided I should still go to the dinner I had planned with girlfriends. Let's just say I may have physically been at that dinner, but was not there mentally.
WHAT A DAY!

Post a Comment